In addition to submitting an application for Admission to Graduate Study at MSU, the following application materials must be submitted directly to the Director of Graduate Studies for German and the Graduate Secretary unless indicated otherwise below:
- An official transcript of all academic work on the collegiate level. (The transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope with the name of the institution on it. The envelope and transcripts are reviewed by the Office of Admissions at MSU.)
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted electronically through the online application portal).
- The results of the Graduate Record Examination (send immediate, unofficial results to us, and official report through the GRE portal to MSU).
- A 500-word statement of purpose and summary of academic background (this may be submitted as part of the online application or as a separate document).
- A C.V.
- A portfolio of the applicant's representative work in German.
International applicants must fulfill requirements as outline here on the MSU Graduate School website.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Those wishing to be fully considered for all funding opportunities should apply by December 31 for the following academic year.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Lynn Wolff
Director of Graduate Studies, German Studies
Tel.: (517) 355-8351