In addition to submitting an application for Admission to Graduate Study at MSU, the following application materials must be submitted directly to the Director of Graduate Studies for German and the Graduate Secretary:
- An official transcript of all academic work on the collegiate level (The transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope with the name of the institution on it. The envelope and transcripts are reviewed by the Office of Admissions at MSU.)
- Three letters of recommendation
- The results of the Graduate Record Examination
- A 500-word statement of purpose and summary of academic background.
- A portfolio of the applicant's representative work in German.
International applicants must fulfill requirements as described in the "International Student Information" document at the Graduate School website.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. Those wishing to be fully considered for all funding opportunities should apply by December 31 for the following academic year.
For further information, please contact:
Prof. Elizabeth Mittman
Director of Graduate Studies, German Studies
Tel.: (517) 355-5170
Tel.: (517) 884-1515