Looking for more speaking opportunities to practice English? We bring them to you in a goal-driven language improvement program!
WELCOME TO EPIC:
ENGLISH PARTNERS IN COMMUNICATION
Have you ever wondered about communication patterns in English? Think about -
- the way people greet each other in the US
- the topics that are appropriate for starting a conversation
- how to keep a conversation going
- how to disagree politely and offer a different opinion in a discussion
EPIC offers classes each spring to improve conversation skills and strategies for adult speakers of English as a second language.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
REGISTRATION FOR EPIC IS TUESDAY
JANUARY 29, 2019, starting at 6:30 p.m. in Wells Hall, B wing.
Classes will be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. in Wells Hall from March 12 to April 18.
Just a few of the benefits of learning English with EPIC:
- 5-6 different levels of proficiency - all levels of ability are welcome!
- experienced teachers and native-speaking conversation partners
- opportunities to build vocabulary, including idioms, and speaking confidence
- tips on how to start conversations
- ability to practice small talk
- low cost ($15)
- and the potluck!
Want a look inside an EPIC class? See a sample video from one of our classes in the spring of 2018 from Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, and Week 6 (including the potluck)!