Korean Placement Testing
Once a semester on the day before the first day of each semester
Who can take the test?
- Students who studied Korean someplace other than MSU
- Students who use Korean as a heritage language at home
- Students who have returned from a Korean study abroad program
- Students who lived in Korean over six months
- Students who attended a formal school system over 4 months
- Students who returned from a Korean Study abroad program (at least over 6 weeks)
- Students who self-studied or are exposed to Korean extensively through Korean media and are able to speak about daily activities or more
- Students who want to waive a foreign language requirement.
How long does it take?
About two hours, depending on your proficiency.
How do you prepare for the placement test?
A placement test is to diagnose your current proficiency of Korean. Thus, there is no need to prepare for a placement test.
For more information regarding the location and sign-up for a placement test for the 2020-2021 school year, click here.